Author Topic: Cayman Aggressor  (Read 3970 times)

Lothar Stracke MD

Cayman Aggressor
« on: March 21, 2014, 20:40:51 UTC »
I strongly advise against diving with the Cayman Aggressor.
We spent one week in early November on this boat, and it was not a good experience. We experienced false advertisement and we were lied to. The CEO Wayne Brown is telling me, that he is just a travel agent and not responsible for the way, the Cayman Aggressor operates!
The Cayman Aggressor is old, the staterooms are smelling and musty, and many things were in disrepair. The hot tub was broken the whole week, the internet access was denied to the divers, the air conditioner was broken, the ice maker not working and the starboard ballast  tank had a broken seal. We were sleeping with the boat listing to starboard and our heads elevated.
The boat's autopilot was broken and we sailed in very rough seas to Little Cayman.
The advertised bathrobes and morning beverage service never materialized.
The advertised open diving never happened. We always went in groups at set times.
With the exception of the captain and first mate, the crew was very young and inexperienced. We had a hairy situation, when a mooring line broke in rough seas, with divers in the water under the boat. I helped to spot divers, drifting away from the boat. We were lucky, that we got everybody back on board without injuries. In the 5 foot swells, our boarding ladders were swinging between vertical and horizontal!
We never went to Cayman Brac. This is part of the advertised itinerary, but according to the captain's log, the Cayman Aggressor hardly ever goes to the Brac. On Little Cayman, we stayed on the same mooring for multiple dives and in 3 days the Cayman Aggressor moved only about 200 yards!
The mediocre food did not help matters. The diving in the Cayman's is still good, but avoid the Cayman Aggressor at all costs!

rick maj

Re: Cayman Aggressor
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 21:58:32 UTC »
Me and my wife did the same dive trip in July 2015. if it makes you feel better the diving on the brac was not that good and little cayman was way better. We were on the boat for 10 days. We also had a sewage smell in our room. We are trying aquacat this July and have gone on the aggressor figi and turks which we rated better then the Cayman Agressor.

Kent Roorda

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 18:24:11 UTC »
I am the leader of a group of about 20 very experience divers. In the past, we went on a number of cruises on the Dancer/Aggressor fleet.   I could easily write many pages, providing information about MANY things that were substandard on Dancer/Aggressor boats.   Worst of all, when I/we brought the MANY things to the attention of the owners of the D/A fleet, the owners dismissed the problems and said nothing more that, "We'll try to do better in the future."   We actually believe what they said and booked 'future trips' with them.  But, when we went on future trips (no matter what boat or location it was), it became that such problems were/are normal for the D/A fleet and that they have no intention to make things better.   Dancer/Aggressor biggest lie is that they advertise 'Luxury' in their cruise descriptions.  That couldn't be further from the truth.   Some of the MANY problems we experienced on D/A boats (on a repetitive basis) included, but not limited to: Compressor failures, very poor meals, poor on-board service, filth in rooms and bathrooms, contaminated (with oil) air - which made many people sick, 100+ degree rooms with no A/C, roaches all over the boats and even cooked into food, unexperienced employees.....and much, much more.

Chuck Beilman

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 15:24:02 UTC »
I've been on the Cayman Aggressor about 4 times over the past 4 years, the most recent being January 2016. I was concerned reading the negative reviews because my experiences have always been outstanding.

The best diving at Cayman is Bloody Bay Wall on the north side of Little Cayman. We normally spent most of the week there moving from dive site to dive site. Yes, the sites are near each other but each was spectacular in it's own way. Lother complained about not moving more, but honestly those 200 yards are the best diving in Cayman. The crossing can be rough, but it's 70+ miles of open sea, you have to expect this.

Half of these trips made it to Cayman Brac, and half did not. You're not missing much if you don't make it out. There's a nice Russian wreck and that's about it.

My cabin was clean and in proper working order. The A/C was working fine, although it is a little tricky to get just the right temp without being too cold or too hot. I'm not aware of any guests having an issue with sewage odors. I've never seen a cockroach on any of the trips. I've always been pleased with the service. The crews was always friendly and helpful.

I'm looking forward to going back again soon.

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.