Author Topic: COZUMEL (COZUMEL PALACE AND AQUA SAFARI)  (Read 4341 times)

paradise

• Subscriber?: yes
COZUMEL (COZUMEL PALACE AND AQUA SAFARI)
« on: July 24, 2008, 06:47:16 UTC »
I have gone to Cozumel about ten times in the last eight years and have always stayed at Iberostar and dove with Dressler Divers their house shop. This December I booked a stay at Cozumel Palace and dive with their house shop Aqua Safari. I was wondering if anyone has stayed at that resort or dove with Aqua Safari recently to advise me if I made a good choice or not.  :-\
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 08:40:26 UTC by paradise »

DocV

• Global Moderator
Re: COZUMEL (COZUMEL PALACE AND AQUA SAFARI)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 13:01:36 UTC »
Hi Paradise,

I would rate Aqua Safari well above Dressel Divers. It's been around for a very long while and its owner, Bill Horn, is a personable chap who is dedicated to customer satisfaction.

The tightly scheduled, least-common-denominator diving of Dressel is notably absent at Aqua Safari.

Do have a good time.

Regards,

DocVikingo

pskippy

• Underwater photographer?: no
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 15:44:05 UTC »
I just got back from diving in Cozumel with Aqua Safari and I couldn't be more satisfied with their operation.  The boats weren't crowded, the dive masters friendly and would always ask about what sites we had visited and where we would like to go.  The shop has a facility to store gear to dry overnight so you don't have to hang it in the bath tub or on a balcony.

Dave

jdives

• Underwater photographer?: no
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 16:18:15 UTC »
 :)   Good choice!   I think you will be delighted with Aqua Safari.  It's being the oldest dive op on the island says a lot.  The concern for safety is demonstrated in many ways, particularly their signature two dm's in the water -- the guide in front and the 'safety'  in the back.  This gives divers a lot of flexibility, as slower observing/investigating divers are not pushed to keep up with those that flow with the current.  Aqua Safari matches the needs of both types of divers very well.  Plus, the crew are courteous, well informed, give good briefings, and conscientiously act as another check-of-gear before you giant stride.   Snacks between dives are tasty, too!   While you are waiting on the dock to board the Aqua Safari boat at your Palace  Resort, say hello to Bill Horn, the tall, lanky good natured and highly knowledgeable owner -- he'll be there!   

As you can tell, I'm a devotee of Aqua Safari, and have done many dives with them over the years.  I've also done my PADI advanced courses with them, including Rescue.  They have a cadre of excellent instructors; I've done all my work with Gabriel.
Life's Short -- Dive Hard!

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.