Author Topic: Saba Deep  (Read 5350 times)

smoore

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Saba Deep
« on: July 23, 2008, 01:55:56 UTC »
We dove the last two Christmas holidays with Saba Deep and really enjoyed diving with them.  However, I know they recently changed ownership and would appreciate comments from anyone who has been diving with them recently.  Last year we stayed at the Gatehouse but we are considering staying at Juliana's this year.  Again I would appreciate input from anyone with recent experience with this hotel. 
Steve Moore

Twodivers in NJ

Re: Saba Deep
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 10:35:00 UTC »
Dove with them in April and they're fine. Very helpful with reservations at restaurants, taxis, the ferry etc. Good DM's. Still no camera facilities on the boats. Or heads.

As far as the hotels are concerned, I'd skip them and rent a villa. We stayed at Flamboyant Cottage. Saba Deep stocked the fridge for us before we arrived (good for first night, given Winn Air). We ate lunch there by the small pool and had a view of the sea & islands. The only hassle was walking back from the restaurants after dinner. SD will pick you up in the morning.

smoore

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 11:28:17 UTC »
Thanks for the information. We will check out Flamboyant
Steve Moore

NJDIVER

• Total Dves: 0-100
  • Underwater photographer?: no
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 17:17:27 UTC »
Just came back from Saba last week and stayed at Julianna's.  Had a great time the only thing we regret was not spending more time then 3 days there...though we got a chance to dive some of the other islands as well.  Julianna's is a great hotel and was clean!  Would highly recommend it...can't and won't go wrong.  Dove with Sea Saba and were very professional.  The people truly give you the feeling that they too are enjoying what they do and not doing it just for the dollars!

smoore

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 17:38:36 UTC »
Thanks for the info on Juliana's. 
Steve Moore

rcwhite

• Total Dves: 500-1000
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 04:15:38 UTC »
Yes, I loved my week at Julianna's - what a great place, great diving, and great people.  I dive a lot, too.  I think this is one of the top places in the Caribbean.  I dive with Sea Saba.

DocV

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 11:25:53 UTC »
Hi smoore,

Sea Saba (http://www.seasaba.com/) remains a winner.

I have always much enjoyed Juliana's (http://www.julianas-hotel.com/).

A rustic but fun & serene place that is a great value is El Momo Cottages (http://www.elmomo.info/index_en.htm) (website may take a while to load).

Have fun.

DocVikingo

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.