Author Topic: Curacao personalized dive operation wanted  (Read 3901 times)

gallerygal

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Curacao personalized dive operation wanted
« on: July 23, 2008, 00:03:43 UTC »
We are four (sometimes more) experienced divers who go to Curacao every December.  We stay near the Sea Aquarium and would prefer to be picked up and delivered there.  We are looking for a safe, responsible dive operator who will let us dive our own profiles (we all use computers) and set our own pace (very slow).  As "mature" divers it would be a bonus to have the dive staff do most of our gear handling too.   Does anyone know of such an operation?

k9lover5230

Re: Curacao personalized dive operation wanted
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 22:14:33 UTC »
My husband and I have a timeshare based in Curacao at Royal Resorts Sea Aquarium. When I go diving, I use Ocean Encountershttp://www.oceanencounters.com/. They are a 5 star PADI resort and their staff is second to none. I have my PADI MSD cert and they gave me no hassles. I think that they have several locations on the island, but I don't know much about the pickup/delivery piece since I generally walk across from Sea Aquarium to the shop.

Some folks we met last trip used The Dive Bus http://www.the-dive-bus.com/. They seemed to like the group since they picked them up and brought them back so this might be another option to look into before you go.

gallerygal

Re: Curacao personalized dive operation wanted
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 23:14:54 UTC »
Thanks for the input.  Actually we have been diving with Ocean Encounters in the past.  They are certainly safe and responsible but much too inflexible for our tastes.  The other thing we found is they are not at all accommodating about refunding money if you can't dive due to being ill or because they changed their schedule and are diving somewhere you don't want to go. 

I looked at the Dive Bus but they do shore diving and as we always have a car we can do that on our own.  We are looking for a boat diving operator. 

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.