Author Topic: Divi Flamingo Bonaire - 2 questions  (Read 2166 times)

River_Forest

• Caymans, January, 2004
  • Subscriber?: yes
  • Underwater photographer?: no
Divi Flamingo Bonaire - 2 questions
« on: October 14, 2012, 18:45:18 UTC »
Dear Fellow Divers,
I am tentatively planning a return trip to Divi Flamingo Bonaire. I was there a few years ago. Two questions about the current status of the place. 1) What is the status of the beach at the hotel? Is there a good sandy beach for sunbathing for my non-diving partner? (I don't remember because I'm not a sunbather, so I didn't care on my previous visit. Also, things change over time with hurricanes, etc.) 2) What is the current status of the resort's shore dive? Is entry easy? How much life is there? How varied is the life? Many thanks for all input, the more recent the better, obviously. River Forest
River_Forest

DocV

• Global Moderator
Re: Divi Flamingo Bonaire - 2 questions
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 14:23:45 UTC »
Hi River_Forest,

Yes, there is a small but nice sandy beach right out front with beach chairs/loungers.

IMHO, the house reef was never was anything special but it hasn't changed appreciably over recent memory & is ideal for a check out dive.

Have fun.

Cheers,

DocVikingo

River_Forest

• Caymans, January, 2004
  • Underwater photographer?: no
Re: Divi Flamingo Bonaire - 2 questions
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 01:16:24 UTC »
Thanks. Your reply confirms my memory. I, too, found the house reef less than it might be. But almost any reef will reveal interesting life if one explores carefuly. Anyway, the accessibility of town and a nice beach may make the place a good choice for me and my non-diver partner. Thanks for the feedback and update. River_Forest
River_Forest

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.