Author Topic: Mayan Riviera hotels & dive operators  (Read 1580 times)

rkrigg

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 101-500
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Mayan Riviera hotels & dive operators
« on: July 18, 2012, 02:06:45 UTC »
I am starting to plan a dive trip to the Mayan Riviera in April 2013.  Need help with a good resort or hotel as my wife is not a diver.  I need a good dive operator.  Looking for help and comments.
Thanks
Diving since 2003 sites visited Aruda, Cozumel, Curacao, Bahamas, Belize, Grand Cayman (3 times) , Provo, Grand Turk, Jamaica, Roatan, St Thomas, Florida Keys,  - like small dive groups and quiet resorts

rkrigg

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 101-500
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Re: Mayan Riviera hotels & dive operators
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 20:07:42 UTC »
Wow, not one reply.... guess there are no good dive operators in that area.
Diving since 2003 sites visited Aruda, Cozumel, Curacao, Bahamas, Belize, Grand Cayman (3 times) , Provo, Grand Turk, Jamaica, Roatan, St Thomas, Florida Keys,  - like small dive groups and quiet resorts

Julie

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 12:01:58 UTC »
I've been to Puerto Aventuras three times already and use Dive Aventuras. There are a few resorts there but we always rent a condo so I can't recommend one over the other. I love the diving there - they have small boats and do 4 1 tank dives each day. You can also do the cenotes. All of the staff is awesome! They can arrange day trips to see the ruins, whale sharks or sailfish if they are in season. There are quite a few restaurants in the area - our favorite is Latitude 20. Amazing fish tacos! I haven't done the dolphin discovery but some non diving friends did it and said it was really cool. PA is about an hours drive south from Cancun and Dive Aventuras can arrange transportation.

The whole area is beautiful - have a great trip!
Julie

DiverMex

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 12:25:32 UTC »
Avoid Maya Palms down at Mahahual -- a complete disaster is many ways.  I've known several people who'll attest to this.  Apparently they plant a lot of phony trip reports on Trip Advisor and other such places and lead people astray.

Cat

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 18:49:54 UTC »
Can also recommend Dive Aventuras. Professional operation, from the shop to the boats. They keep to schedule. Some of the divemasters were better than others at finding interesting stuff, but all were safety conscious. We wouldn't hesitate to dive with them again the next time was get down that way. Stayed at the Aventura Spa Palace, which is wonderful.

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over. Current offers include 20% Off at Little Cayman's Paradise Villas .