Author Topic: HydroOptix dive mask  (Read 4682 times)

tjmark

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 101-500
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
HydroOptix dive mask
« on: March 27, 2012, 14:50:43 UTC »
My wife had a HydroOptix dive mask and loved it until it was stolen at the end of last year. I ordered a new one from the HydroOptix website. A few days later, I got an email from them saying that my order would be delayed until March (2012) because they had supplier/manufacturing problems. Well it's March and I've not heard a word from them. I started trying to call them and no one answers the phone and it never goes to voice mail. I've also faxed and emailed them, still no response. There's no indication on their website that anything is wrong (out of business) but apparently something is bad wrong! Has anyone heard any news about HydroOptix? I'm about to give up on them!

froggger129

• Subscriber?: no
  • Total Dves: 500-1000
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Re: HydroOptix dive mask
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 14:14:40 UTC »
You will never get an answer from H.O ! I have been trying to make contact for the last 2 years to replace a lens plate for my 4.5 !! Last year in August I went to their website and place an order for a replacement lens. I received an email from Terri Mackay at H.O who said because of an interruption in their supply ,it would be til October before I would receive my order ! Well October came and went ! The owner/inventor of this mask a Jon Kranhouse still resides in L.a as far as I know , I had tried to make contact with him ,no luck ! Why they would close shop with no explaination to its customers is beyond me ! and why leave the website up and running !!! I went as far as calling a dive shop in Hollywood who was listed as a retailer for H.O ,he  tried his sources to make contact but was unable to .
So to find a mask I went to ebay and got one. They are on there every so often . As far as the order to hydrooptix for the lens the payment via debit has not been charged to date.  I wish you luck !

Richard Wright

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 22:58:52 UTC »
Hello I've also recently tried to contact HydroOptix for a replacement lens for my 4.5 DD without success. Have you had any luck finding a contact for this company? I'd purchase another mask if any were available.

babylon

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 0-100
  • Underwater photographer?: no
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 21:56:52 UTC »
I have a nearly-new Hydro Optix 4.5 mask that I don't use anymore. I used it a couple of times but it didn't fit my face well. It has all of the original accessories, instructions, and is stored in the original blue box. I just took it out and looked at it and it looks brand new to my eye.

Let me know if anyone out there is interested. Contact me at hutch@ee.byu.edu.

Cheers,

Brad

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.