Author Topic: Dive shops near cruise dock Cozumel & Grand Cayman  (Read 6565 times)

riderdiver

• Subscriber?: yes
Dive shops near cruise dock Cozumel & Grand Cayman
« on: October 18, 2011, 15:21:25 UTC »
Taking a cruise out of Galveston in Jan & don't want to use the cruise dive itineraries.  Anyone out there have suggestions for the 2 ports above that have reputable shops?  Many thanks!

DocV

• Global Moderator
Re: Dive shops near cruise dock Cozumel & Grand Cayman
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 12:38:23 UTC »
CZM -  Living Underwater http://www.living-underwater.com/

GC - Neptune's Divers http://www.neptunesdivers.com/

Tell them (Jeremy & Casey, respectively) that I sent you.

Regards,

DocVikingo

rkrigg

• Total Dves: 101-500
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 19:02:04 UTC »
Off the Wall Divers on Grand Cayman.  Small shop GREAT service.  I use them every time I am lucky enough to go to Grand.  Last dove with him March 2010.  http://www.otwdivers.com/index.htm
Diving since 2003 sites visited Aruda, Bonaire, Curacao, Bahamas, Belize, Grand Cayman (8 times), Provo, Grand Turk, Jamaica, Roatan, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Florida Keys,  Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Tulum (Cenotes and Ocean) - like small dive groups and quiet resorts

DocV

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 14:12:36 UTC »
Hey RK,

BTW, Danny and his wife have sold the op and started another business in the GC water sport community. It's more tourist-oriented as opposed to straight SCUBA.

My acquaintance, Thom Shropshire, the new owner, sent me this over the weekend:

"P. O. Box 30176 SMB / Cayman Islands KY1-1201
PH: 345-916-0303 / Website: www.grandcaymandive.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

OFF THE WALL DIVERS/GRAND CAYMAN, CHANGES HANDS

Off The Wall Divers (OTWD), located at The Lobster Pot Dive Center in Grand Cayman, recently changed hands, between a pair of industry veterans.

“It was a ‘natural’ match”, commented Danny Kupkowski, on his sale of Off The Wall Divers to Thomas (Tom) Shropshire. “Tom has a long-standing history in the islands and it was a perfect fit.”

Shropshire most recently ran the business office for a major live-aboard dive operation based on Grand Cayman, and has previously worked for Red Sail Sports, Tortuga Divers, and Parrots Landing. First arriving in The Cayman Islands in the 1960s, Shropshire’s family was involved in the local utility company. It was during this time that Shropshire learned to dive from F.L.A.G. Underwater Services, located across the street from the now-defunct, Seaview Hotel.

“I’m so pleased to be an integral part of the local dive industry, and the more education Off The Wall can provide, both to new divers and certified divers, the better our underwater world will be.”

Off The Wall Divers operates a 28-foot Parker boat, carrying a maximum of eight (8) divers/snorkelers.

To learn more about Off The Wall Divers, visit www.grandcaymandive.com or contact them directly at 859-577-3694 or 345-916-0303. You can also find OTWD on Skype @ shrop3483."

Regards,

DocVikingo

Redseal1

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 18:53:00 UTC »
You won't go wrong by using Living the Dream Divers in Grand Cayman http://www.livingthedreamdivers.com (+1 (345) 526-DIVE (3483) dive@ltddivers.com
LTDD Cruise ship passenger info: http://www.livingthedreamdivers.com/cayman-diving/cruise-ship-divers

I've known Gary for 7 years and have always had a great time diving with him.
Gary runs a safe operation and always makes cruise ship passengers welcome to GCM. Either Gary or Liz or one of the staff picks you up right at the cruise ship terminal.
On or about November 15, 2011, Gary and Liz just added a new Newton custom dive boat to their fleet.
If you decide to contact LTDD, tell them Paul and Vicky from Texas suggested you contact them.

redseal1tx

rkrigg

• Total Dves: 101-500
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 01:26:15 UTC »
Any comments about Sunset House as a place to stay and dive with?
Diving since 2003 sites visited Aruda, Bonaire, Curacao, Bahamas, Belize, Grand Cayman (8 times), Provo, Grand Turk, Jamaica, Roatan, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Florida Keys,  Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Tulum (Cenotes and Ocean) - like small dive groups and quiet resorts

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.