Author Topic: Raja Ampat in September/October?  (Read 3058 times)

wetsuit

• Subscriber?: yes
Raja Ampat in September/October?
« on: October 07, 2011, 05:08:51 UTC »
Has anyone been diving (liveaboard or land-based) in Raja Ampat in September or October?  I've read both that the seas are too choppy for diving then, and also that the diving is fine.  I notice a lot of resorts and liveaboards are closed in September.  Feedback appreciated!  Thanks.

siamdivers

Re: Raja Ampat in September/October?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 06:34:07 UTC »
Hi. Many boats operate year-round in Raja Ampat, some only spend time during certain seasons as they are trying to operate in different places. A boat like the Shakti, for instance, has been operating there year-round for more than a decade. There are two routes, a north and a south route and one is always good and dive-able. The place sits almost atop the Equator so it's pretty comfy all of the time.

Are you talking about this year or next? Because it's going to be tight trying to find a boat there this late for this year. For next year it shouldn't be too hard. I hope this helps.

uwhabtat

Re: Raja Ampat in September/October?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 14:26:42 UTC »
We have space available for 2 divers on our trip aboard the MV Pindito November 12-23, 2012. Contact me thru this forum if you are interested in more information.

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.