Author Topic: Cayman Islands in November  (Read 3636 times)

davesbabe

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 0-100
  • Underwater photographer?: no
Cayman Islands in November
« on: August 13, 2011, 20:32:08 UTC »
My boyfriend and I are going to Grand Cayman for 5 days and staying with Compass Point Dive Resort, and then on to Little Cayman for 7 days with Little Cayman Beach Resort...Im new to diving, but my boyfriend Dave has been diving for over 32yrs...Wondering what to expect, how are the resorts, the diving, the local customs, what is there to do when not diving?  Any info will help, thank you.

scottrich

• Underwater photographer?: yes
Re: Cayman Islands in November
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 01:53:03 UTC »
Little Cayman Beach Resort is super. going back there next month for my 8th or 9th visit. Valet Diving!! Wall diving, no current, great boats and better staff!!!

craigwood

• Total Dves: 500-1000
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 14:19:43 UTC »
You'll be staying.at two great reorts and diving with 2 of the best operators in the Caymans. Whoever picked your itinerary certainly knew what they were doing. This is a great sampler of what the Caymans have to offer. I'm assuming you will love it, next time you may want to try Grand Cayman Norh wall, Cobalt Coast/DiveTech would be a good choice. I' not yet been to Cayman Brac but I plan to remedy that as soon as I can.

Good diving,

Craig

avialaw

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 18:58:51 UTC »
Have a great trip!  My trip to Grand Cayman/ Little Cayman was blown out by constant northeasterly winds at 10-14 kt during the day the week I was there in late November.  The water/weather was smooth sailing the week before and after.   Just be aware that there can be northeasterly wind issues in November in that part of the Carib.  At least that has been my experience.

carriemak

• Subscriber?: no
  • Total Dves: 500-1000
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 13:58:59 UTC »
Little Cayman and Little Cayman Beach Resort are fantastic.  Some of the best diving in the Caribbean.  We go a couple of times a year and have been going there since the late 90's.  Great value for the $$.  We have a group trip going June 2012, if anyone is interested.

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.