Author Topic: Ocean Hunter II Palau Liveaboard  (Read 4214 times)

caye

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 500-1000
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Ocean Hunter II Palau Liveaboard
« on: July 21, 2008, 13:09:06 UTC »
Has anyone been on the Ocean Hunter II Live aboard in Palau in January or February of 2008?  A group of us are going in January of 2009 and I'm wondering what to expect as far as weather and water temp.
We did the Aggressor Live aboard way back in 2001 and it was a fabulous trip but it think it was a little later in the spring and can't remember the conditions very well.
thanks for any information you may be able to relate
caye
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 03:09:17 UTC by caye »
caye

thranx

• personal
  • Total Dves: over 1000
  • Underwater photographer?: no
Re: Ocean Hunter II Palau Liveaboard
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 14:45:12 UTC »
I was on the OCII in January-Feb last year (2007), but it was a special trip to the outer islands of Yap.  Assuming you're going on a normal itineary within Palau, you can expect round-the-clock temps in the mid- to high 80's, with water temp in the low 80's.  Occasional showers always possible during the day. 

If you have time, try to get to Tebang's wood carving shop...best storyboards in Palau.  The several museums are all worth a visit.  For an over-all souvenir, I recommend Mandy Etpison's two-volume opus on Palau...the most beautiful book ever published on a small Pacific country (you can find it at the Etpison museum). 

mhofman

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 02:42:01 UTC »
We were on the OH II in Feb and found the weather fine, water about 79-80 and everything just great for diving.
By the way, we stayed a few days before and dove with Fishnfins staff; we bought our story boards at the Jail store -- NOT to be missed.

Travelnsj

• Total Dves: 500-1000
  • Underwater photographer?: no
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 02:56:11 UTC »
I've been to Palau 8 times. January can still be a bit windy but you probably will not notice much on a LOB....Mid Feb thru May is the best. Water temps are always about 82....some of the finest diving you will do!
I endeavor to pursue....Spend most of my diving time in the Indo-Pacific region. Lembeh Straits, Raja Ampat and Palau are my favorites!

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.