Author Topic: N Sulawesi on the Ocean Rover  (Read 2714 times)

drich915

• Subscriber?: no
  • Total Dves: over 1000
  • Underwater photographer?: no
N Sulawesi on the Ocean Rover
« on: June 15, 2011, 03:52:17 UTC »
Just returned from 13 days/14 nights on an Ocean Rover trip to the northern islands in N Sulawesi.  The boat is terrific--comfortable, clean, impeccable service and wonderfully set up fr diving and photography. This was an exploration cruise so some of the exploration sites were hit and miss, but there were enough hits and plenty of visits to well known spots (some of them rather remote the Para Pinnacle and underwater volcano were my favorite) to make the experience completely satisfying (and then some).  We got a little bit of everything on this trip, walls, pinnacles muck diving, and on most days there were 4 to 5 dives available (on one day we did three because of travel logistics).  There are reefs that are still recovering from dynamite fishing in the past, but even these dives had things to offer, and the diversity of life in this area is astounding.  I would very much like to return to Indonesia to do Raja Arpat and will book the same boat when I do.

siamdivers

• Subscriber?: yes
Re: N Sulawesi on the Ocean Rover
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 06:42:08 UTC »
Yes, and the new owner Roman is doing a terrific job.

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.