Author Topic: diving experience with Living-Underwater (cozumel)  (Read 3229 times)

yaml

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: over 1000
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
diving experience with Living-Underwater (cozumel)
« on: May 18, 2011, 15:05:13 UTC »
(new member and my first post)  my wife (~35 dives) and i (~2000 dives) just spent a week diving with Jeremy Anschel/living-underwater/ cozumel.  honestly, this was probably the most enjoyable dive operation iv'e ever had the pleasure of being with.  small, efficient, personalized service - real concierge diving experience.  jeremy and his crew ((francisco and ricardo) do it all for you.  lots of bottom time (steel 95's), all computer dives, slow easy pace (jeremy is an expert at finding and pointing out the unusual as well as the usually overlooked tidbits on a reef).  highly recommend hooking up with him if you're going down.  also dove one day with dive paradise - a good outfit in their own right.

DocV

• Global Moderator
Re: diving experience with Living-Underwater (cozumel)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 11:48:45 UTC »
Agreed--Living Underwater is among the very top tier of dive ops on Coz.  I dove with them even before Jeremy bought the name/boat, when Oracio, agruably one of the best Coz DMs ever, was in charge.  I remember when Jeremy's children were born.  Very highly recommended.

However, I find Dive Paradise, while certainly reliable and safe, to be a large and commercial op that caters to all levels of divers and lacks the personal touch of LU.

yaml

• Total Dves: over 1000
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Re: diving experience with Living-Underwater (cozumel)
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 15:10:39 UTC »
couldn't agree more; we will be seeing jeremy again in october; can't wait.

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.