Author Topic: Maui diving  (Read 2877 times)

davids58

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 0-100
  • Underwater photographer?: no
Maui diving
« on: May 10, 2011, 02:30:49 UTC »
We're staying in Kihei on Maui in early June and I hope to dive 3 days while there. I'm not a terribly experienced diver (<30 dives; advanced open water certified) and I haven't done so since last April on the big island. Looking for some current info re what dives to pursue (Molokini Crater, for example) and the dive shops/outfilts folks would recommend.

TIA,
David

JMorben

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 500-1000
  • Underwater photographer?: no
Re: Maui diving
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 00:30:20 UTC »
We were in Maui in March and dove with Prodiver.  They only take out 6 divers which was nice.  We did the backside of Molokini Crater and a small wreck.  I found the diving to be just okay.  We have been diving on both Kauai and the Big Island.  We really enjoyed the Big Island.  To be fair, we only did 2 dives.  Prodiver had a motor problem the other days we had booked with them. They did offer to make arrangements with another operator, but we declined.  We rented their equipment which was in excellent condition.

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.