Author Topic: Soliciting Comments and Suggestions - Internet Dive Show  (Read 4410 times)

Don Stark

• Get Wet and Have Fun!
    • ScubaVisions TV
  • Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: over 1000
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Soliciting Comments and Suggestions - Internet Dive Show
« on: July 21, 2008, 11:57:18 UTC »
Over a year ago I began producing a weekly video podcast called ScubaVisions TV (www.scubavisions.tv).  After 50 episodes I thought it would be a good time to re-evaluate the premise and direction of the show, so for the past couple of months I have been contemplating how to tweak the program (or totally reformat it).  So, I thought the best thing to do is to ask my fellow divers if this type of program is 1) of interest and 2) what would make it better.  Options I have been kicking around include more focus on identifying the creatures seen on the dives, shortening the program, adding more topside programing, etc.  I am totally open to any ideas and suggestions you all might have and appreciate the time you take in providing them.

Don Stark
Producer and Host
ScubaVisions TV
Don Stark
ScubaVision Productions
Follow me at Twitter:  DonStark
www.ScubaVisions.TV

jlf0

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Re: Soliciting Comments and Suggestions - Internet Dive Show
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 15:20:16 UTC »

This is the first that I've heard of the website... so I went there to check it out. I watched few of your videos (Great Wall West, Angelfish Reef, Eagle Ray Pass). Here's my initial reaction:

- Good quality videos
- I like the voice narration - this sets them apart.
- Not sure who your targetted audience is... if it's those new to diving then the video + narration will be informative. If you are targetting more experienced divers, you'll need to go more indepth into more unusual critters.  You might want to focus on fish behaviors - which make interesting videos which can't really be captured on still shots.
- The website, videos, and your posting indicates weekly videos, but it doesn't appear that you are posting them weekly. I suggest one of two strategies - if you are going to do it weekly, do so at roughly the same day/time each week so that viewers can count on getting the newest video when they visit. If you aren't able to do it so regularly, say so on so that people aren't disappointed. Disappointed people won't return... You'll then need a mechanism to alert visitors that a new video is posted (email notice to subscribers, post on various newsgroups, etc.)
- On pages where you list the videos, you might want to note some of the subject matter, in addition to the dive site name & location. I've never been to T&C, so randomly picked two to get a sense of the diving there. Not sure that I picked the best ones though. The writeups for the video seem to appear in the middle of the video. I learned that I wouldn't see any Eagle Rays in the Eagle Ray Pass video when it was 3/4 over.

I would definitely view all of the videos for a location if I was considering going there.

I'll bookmark your site and consider it a good resourcefor my trip planning!

JoAn

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.