Author Topic: West Bay Roatan, Infinity Bay Hotel  (Read 3485 times)

rkrigg

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 101-500
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
West Bay Roatan, Infinity Bay Hotel
« on: April 09, 2011, 15:49:42 UTC »
I will be staying at Infinity Bay Resort in June 2011, I am looking for information on dive operators in the area, Any recommendations would be welcomed.  How is the on-site operator TGI?  Thanks all.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 16:06:46 UTC by rkrigg »
Diving since 2003 sites visited Aruda, Bonaire, Curacao, Bahamas, Belize, Grand Cayman (8 times), Provo, Grand Turk, Jamaica, Roatan, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Florida Keys,  Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Tulum (Cenotes and Ocean) - like small dive groups and quiet resorts

rkrigg

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 101-500
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Re: West Bay Roatan, Infinity Bay Hotel
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 01:43:03 UTC »
Coconut Divers West End Roatán – I was lucky enough to dive with them for a week in June 2011.  I did my research on the internet and Trip advisor and got a good gut feeling that this was a top notch operator.  I started email correspondence with the owner PJ and after a couple of emails I knew this was the operator for me.  One of the key selling points was that the two morning dives were limited to Advanced open water or higher divers and max 10 divers per boat.  What a great idea as this would mean good bottom times.  I was staying about 10 km away and every morning PJ had someone pick me up at my hotel and took a water taxi home ($3).  The first dive was great.  We had a very thorough dive site briefing and safety review (this was standard operation procedure for every dive).  Air times were monitored but only for the new divers.  Divers that had been diving were told the rules and it was up to them to notify the dive master when they were at 1/2 tank.  For the new divers the diver master asked every so often how much air we had left.  Once we had completed a dive and the dive master was comfortable on our stills and air consumption we were on our own to notify the dive master when we were at 1/2 a tank.  Mind you the dive master was looking back off and on to make sure everyone was ok.  We averaged 55 minutes of bottom time on every dive and we all came up with a minimum of 750 lbs. of air.  We were allowed to dive our computers and our air.  What a pleasant surprise.   I have 160 dives and have been an Advance Diver for the last 40 dives.  I felt that all dives were done safely and very professional.  I talked with divers who went on the afternoon dives and they also felt that Coconut Divers was the shop to use.

PJ and crew thank you for a fantastic week!  I hope to dive Roatán again in the future and you will be my shop of choice.
Diving since 2003 sites visited Aruda, Bonaire, Curacao, Bahamas, Belize, Grand Cayman (8 times), Provo, Grand Turk, Jamaica, Roatan, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Florida Keys,  Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Tulum (Cenotes and Ocean) - like small dive groups and quiet resorts

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.