Author Topic: Roatan's East End diving  (Read 5670 times)

ken & adair

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Roatan's East End diving
« on: March 02, 2011, 01:13:29 UTC »
We are considering a trip to a resort on Roatan's east end.  The dive shop there advertises it as unspoiled & better than the more populated areas in the west.  Any comments, experiences, recommendations?  All input welcome!
ken & adair

bawana

Re: Roatan's East End diving
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 06:05:09 UTC »
I have been down to Roatan and have been diving out of Reef House Resort on the eastend of the Island.Mike is running a great operation as far as I am concerned.Nothing real fansay,a eat dive sleep Resort,which is what I was looking for when I first went in Oct.2010 for 2 weeks,and again in Feb.2011 with my newly carded girl friend,and I am going for another week the first week of May 2011. You get 3 dives a day- 3 great meals a day-and good sleep.Out of all the dives that I have been on there never had any other divers from other resorts diving same place,although we did see a couple of boats back to the east- This is my kind of diving no hurry,and small groups although He does get full ,but no more than 20-25 guests at a time.If there is anymore info you need just get back to me.

PS. I will be going back in Oct.2011 for another 2 weeks,so you can see I am enjoying myself!
Corey

VivaCaribe

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 23:11:43 UTC »
bawana... If you have been to CoCoView (eat-dive-sleep "scuba camp" also, 3-4 dives per day), how does this compare in your opinion?

bawana

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 04:54:30 UTC »
I have not stayed at Coco View so I really can not compare Reef House Resort too there,sorry
Corey

markboehle

• Underwater photographer?: no
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 14:55:06 UTC »
My wife and I posted a message regarding our trip to Royal Playa located in Roatan. We had made a prior trip to CocoView approx. 5 years prior. The biggest difference was the quality of dive sites, lack of competing dive boats in the area, "virgin" dive sites. Understand we were off season (May) and we had the dive boat to ourselves. Having said that we never encountered another dive boat. The accomodations were simple and basic, food adequate (my wife enjoyed the food). Access to resort is by boat. Matt would pick up our snack, liquor requests when he went to town. We were spoiled having a boat, divemaster to ourselves and typical bottom times averaged 75 minutes, boat captain who would take us to dirrerent sites regardless of the distance (fuel is not cheap). With a larger group Matt told us he would have stayed with the 3 dives a day schedule and shorter bottom time. I prefer small groups of divers, no other dive boats, critters who are not use to seeing divers, diving my own profile. It could not have been any better.

Captain Ed

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 04:04:00 UTC »
Hi I am Captain Ed from Roatan east end divers. To contact us go to www.roataneastenddive.com

Captain Ed

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 04:14:08 UTC »
Hi Captain Ed here to see Roatan photos & Roatan fish photos I think you will like my shots. go to http://roataneastenddive.com/photos-fish-id/

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.