Author Topic: Guadalupe Shark Diving  (Read 3471 times)

• Subscriber?: yes
Guadalupe Shark Diving
« on: January 20, 2011, 15:14:28 UTC »
Hi, a group of us are looking to go to Guadalupe to do some cage diving with the great whites.  We have the names of some dive operators and have contacted them.  The question is when to go.  We've read that the end of August through November is the best time, with Sept and Oct being the high season for the larger females.  Can anyone confirm or correct this?  Any other information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

• Subscriber?: yes
Re: Guadalupe Shark Diving
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 04:46:14 UTC »
Old post, but... the CW is this is indeed the best time to go. We're going out this year with Nautilus Explorer.

I;ve spend a lot of time in the water with sharks in many areas of the world, and I prefer a boat that has an experienced crew, does not chum and bait. The concept of lots of chum and chunky bits flying around, sharks coming in with one thing on their mind and unnaturally stimulated behaviors just turn me off. I'd rather observe natural shark behaviors in their environment. I've done some research, and read Undercurrent of course, and for my money these guys fill the bill.

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over. Current offers include French Polynesia Master Liveaboard!.