Author Topic: Roatan, BananaRama, update?  (Read 3009 times)

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Underwater photographer?: no
Roatan, BananaRama, update?
« on: January 09, 2011, 06:22:18 UTC »

Any info on Roatan diving generally, the BananaRama specifically?

I see a favorable post from a year ago.  Still good, dmofesi?  Anyone else?

How is diving from the BananaRama?  Do they crowd the diveboats? Does the DM expect to lead groups or does each buddy pair go off on their own?  Are the tank rentals 63s or 80s?

Thanks for any info.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 14:06:14 UTC by bmoen45 »

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 101-500
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Re: Roatan, BananaRama, update?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 03:03:52 UTC »
A couple of years ago I stayed at the Blue Bahia, the resort is next to Anthony Keys, very low key, small on site dive operator.  The owner is a chef and you are made to feel like you are long lost family.  Check them out as the shore diving was great, Food fantastic and a very quiet place I think 9 units.
Diving since 2003 sites visited Aruda, Bonaire, Curacao, Bahamas, Belize, Grand Cayman (8 times), Provo, Grand Turk, Jamaica, Roatan, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Florida Keys,  Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Tulum (Cenotes and Ocean) - like small dive groups and quiet resorts

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over. Current offers include French Polynesia Master Liveaboard!.