Author Topic: Florida Keys need location recommendations  (Read 3320 times)

rkrigg

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 101-500
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Florida Keys need location recommendations
« on: January 09, 2011, 01:40:58 UTC »
My wife and I are planning a post April 18th trip.  I am the diver 100 plus dives she is a non diver.  Where in the Keys should we go for the best diving and good accommodations?  Key West? or ?
Need a dive operator and
a hotel recommendation
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 01:42:59 UTC by rkrigg »
Diving since 2003 sites visited Aruda, Bonaire, Curacao, Bahamas, Belize, Grand Cayman (8 times), Provo, Grand Turk, Jamaica, Roatan, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Florida Keys,  Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Tulum (Cenotes and Ocean) - like small dive groups and quiet resorts

DavidWarshaw

Re: Florida Keys need location recommendations
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 20:20:02 UTC »
We did our Advanced Open Water certification with Florida Keys Dive Center (Flakeys) in Key Largo... http://www.floridakeysdivectr.com/  Very nice folks, good boats, better access to some of the Keys wrecks than from Key West... and you don't have to drive as far.  Forget where we stayed, but it was a nice condo-style place just a few miles away... of which there are probably plenty.

rkrigg

• Total Dves: 101-500
Re: Florida Keys need location recommendations
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 22:20:48 UTC »
Thanks, after doing some more reading I think we are going to try to stay in Marathon or Layton midway so looking for suggestions in this area now.
Diving since 2003 sites visited Aruda, Bonaire, Curacao, Bahamas, Belize, Grand Cayman (8 times), Provo, Grand Turk, Jamaica, Roatan, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Florida Keys,  Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Tulum (Cenotes and Ocean) - like small dive groups and quiet resorts

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.