Author Topic: Cozumel Diving from Cruise Ship  (Read 3546 times)

DavidWarshaw

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Cozumel Diving from Cruise Ship
« on: January 03, 2011, 01:15:36 UTC »
My wife and I will have a one-day cruise ship stop in Cozumel and we're looking for a dive operator to do a two-tank dive.  We've been to Cozumel several times... but stayed away from town... so need to be able to get to/from dive shop easily to meet ship's schedule.  Thanks.

TAUTOG

Re: Cozumel Diving from Cruise Ship
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 17:33:46 UTC »
I USED   WWW.LIVINGUNDERWATER.COM.. WAS VERY HAPPY .RATED VERY HI IN UNDERCURRENT. HAS STEEL HI PRESSURE 100S  AND 120S NOT A CATTEL BOAT...WILL GO WHERE YOU WANT TO DIVE..TELL HIM YOU GOT HIS  NUMBER FROM BOB FROM NEW JERSEY THE DIVER WITH  THE BIG RED LOBSTER HAT YEA WITH THE CLAWS...I WEAR THAT HAT ALL OVER THE WORLD. PRYER TO ENTERING THE  WATER. TAHITI OUT ISLANDS, TRUK, COCOS ISLAND COZUMEL, RED SEA, I AM THE GUY THATS NEVER LEFT BEHIND.

DavidWarshaw

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 20:16:20 UTC »
Thanks a lot, Bob.  I'll check them out.  Where in New Jersey are you?  I'm in Ho-Ho-Kus, and dive a lot with Blue Water Divers on Route 17.

TAUTOG

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 20:50:25 UTC »
MANALAPAN..ENGLISHTOWN AREA..I DIVE OUT OF BELMAR. SHARK RIVER, MANASQUAN INLET.I DIVE  INLETS ,REEFS , ROCK PILES ,WRECKS,SPEAR FISHING, DIGGING, LIVEABOARDS. I AM ALSO LEAVING ON A CRUISE OUT OF BAYONE NJ THE END OF JANUARY.( ITS FOR THE WIFE) I ALSO JUST BOOKED A DIVE IN ST . THOMAS USVI I LOOKED IT UP IN UNDERCURENTS. GOT A GOOD DIVE SHOP FROM DOC .V  UNDERCURENTS THEY WILL PICK ME UP RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE CRUISE SHIP. ALL I HAVE TO DO IS WAVE TO THEM BECAUSE THEY CANNOT DOCK AND STAY IN FRONT OF THE SHIP DUE TO RULES . MY WIFE DOES NOT DIVE ..LUCKY ME I MAKE ABOUT 60 DIVES A YEAR. THE FIRST TIME I DOVE WITH JEREMY IN COZUMEL I GOT HIS NUMBER FROM A COUPLE I MET ON BOARD THE TAHITI AGGRESSOR.THEY TOLD ME THEY DIVE WITH HIM ABOUT TWO OR THREE TIMES A YEAR THAT WAS IN 2003 THE AGGRESSSOR FLEET DOES NOT RUN OUT OF TAHITI ANY MORE TO THE OUT ISLANDS.DO YOU DIVE NEW JERSEY? OR THE EAST COAST? OR JUST WARM WATER?

DavidWarshaw

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 21:01:16 UTC »
We're definitely warm water divers.  I've done two trips off the Jersey Shore, and that's not for me.  I like pretty fish, and don't like to carry so much rubber and weight.  Not interested in dry suit.  Old bones.  My wife and I got certified in 1999.  I have about 350 dives... love Little Cayman (three trips), Cozumel (three trips).  Been to Turks and Caicos, Belize, Bahamas.  But REALLY love Indonesia.  Been to Wakatobi three times... Komodo... Papua New Guinea.  May be going to the Philippines in June.  My dive photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/dwar/collections/72157606675880790/  My friend, Rich, owns and captains the John Jack out of Point Pleasant.  http://www.john-jack.com/  A great guy, and excellent boat if you are looking for alternatives for Jersey dives.  Have fun on the cruise.  I'll look for your lobster hat in future dive locales.

TAUTOG

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 23:22:02 UTC »
NICE PICTURES..YEA I SEE THE JOHN JACK OUT THERE I HAVE SOME BUDDYS WITH PRIVATE BOATS SET UP FOR WRECK DIVING.. ALL THE LINES-- BIG T LADDER IN THE BACK--  GRAPPEL HOOKS. TO GET INTO THE WRECK. A FEW ALLREADY SWITCHED OVER TO REBREATHERS.. NOT ME   TO OLD TO SWITCH  .MY BEST DIVE?   MY NEXT DIVE.BUT I LOVE DIVING N.J..I GO TO THE BENEATH THE SEA EXPO IN NEW JERSEY EVERY YEAR SEE WHAT BEING OFFERED TO WHERE FOR DIVING. I WEAR THE BIG LOBSTER HAT THERE . YOU HAVE THE BIG BIG TOMS RIVER DIVER FLEA MARKET COMMING UP FEB,20 I ATTEND THAT ALSO WITH THE BIG RED LOBSTER HAT...IF YOU LOVE TAKING PHOTOS OF BIG ...REAL BIG SINIOR BIG..  YOU GOT TO DO COCOS ISLAND ON THE SEA HUNTER..CHECK OUT HIS WEB SITE READ WHAT  THE DIVERS  SAY  WWW.UNDERSEAHUNTER.COM    THIS IS THE LAST STOP ON EARTH. ITS A UNDERWATER PHOTOS   DREAM..ITS THE MAGIC ISLAND ON THE EARTH..

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over. Current offers include Dive or Adventure Lovers: Antarctica in March and Fall Special at Little Cayman's Paradise Villas .