Author Topic: Need a St Thomas Dive Operator in March  (Read 4543 times)

rkrigg

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 101-500
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Need a St Thomas Dive Operator in March
« on: November 25, 2010, 20:05:57 UTC »
I am going to be on St Thomas in March for a meeting and will sneak in a couple days of diving.  Looking for a small (non cattle car) operator.  I am an advance open water diver (130 dives) taking a buddy and he is going to complete his open water dives to get certified.  I will be staying at the Frenchman Reef Marriott.  Any suggestions on operators?
Diving since 2003 sites visited Aruda, Bonaire, Curacao, Bahamas, Belize, Grand Cayman (8 times), Provo, Grand Turk, Jamaica, Roatan, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Florida Keys,  Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Tulum (Cenotes and Ocean) - like small dive groups and quiet resorts

DocV

• Global Moderator
Re: Need a St Thomas Dive Operator in March
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 16:46:07 UTC »
Hi rkrigg,

Blue Island Divers (http://www.blueislanddivers.com/) is arguably the best op on the island.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

rkrigg

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 01:08:59 UTC »
Thanks Doc, I found them and one other operator that look good, I have followed your recommendations before and they have been spot on so my search is over.  Thanks for taking the time to help a diver out.
Diving since 2003 sites visited Aruda, Bonaire, Curacao, Bahamas, Belize, Grand Cayman (8 times), Provo, Grand Turk, Jamaica, Roatan, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Florida Keys,  Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Tulum (Cenotes and Ocean) - like small dive groups and quiet resorts

TAUTOG

• Total Dves: Over 1000
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 23:11:15 UTC »
YOU GUYS ARE LIKE MIND READERS. I AM GOING ON A CRUISE END OF JANUARY 2011 WITH MY WIFE OF 35 YEARS  (NON DIVER) ST. THOMAS IS ONE OF THE PORT OF CALLS.AND I WANTED TO LOOK UP DIVING ON THAT ISLAND.I HAVE ALLWAYS USED UNDERCURRENTS AS MY BIBLE FOR DIVE TRAVEL . FROM COCOS ISLAND TO TRUK LAGOON AND EVERY PLACE  THAT HAS WATER AND THERES DIVING..I HAVE NEVER BEEN LET DOWN.I JUST OPENED  UNDERCURRENTS AND THERE WAS THE SAME QUESTION AND THE BEST ANSWER..FROM THE MAN HIM SELF. DOC.THANKS GUYS AND GALS..AND EVERY DIVERS THATS WRITTEN ABOUT THERE TRAVELS. THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY.REMBER YOUR BEST DIVE IS YOUR NEXT DIVE

rkrigg

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 02:30:27 UTC »
What a Trip!  D.J. and staff where great, I did 8 dives in two days and they all were great.  Two wrecks WIT Concrete and WIT Shoal and they were FANTASTIC.  Blue Island was easy to work with, good pre-dives and safety talks.  Let me dive my air and computer.  I dove with a friend who was doing his open water certification dives and they were able to cater to both of us at the same time.  In eight dives I saw only 1 lion fish.  The shops and divers are killing them and it shows, very abundant small reef fish populations (not like the Bahamas).  St. Thomas was a very pleasant surprise in how good the diving was.  If you are going to dive St. Thomas, Blue Island is a great choice.

TAUTOG

• Total Dves: Over 1000
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 12:40:17 UTC »
BLUE WATER DIVERS DELIEVED . I WAS ON A CRUISE SHIP STOPPING IN ST THOMAS. I EMAILED THEM BEFORE I LEFT ON MY TRIP. THEY EMAILED WHAT EVER I NEED TO FILL OUT ,PRICEING WAS UP FRONT THEY PICKED ME UP IN FRONT OF THE CRUISE SHIP RIGHT AT THE PIER  ON   TIME   NO WAITING..FOR ME THATS THE PLUS I HATE TO WAIT. TIDE WAITS FOR NO MAN... MY TANKS AND GEAR WHERE WAITING( FULL TANK 3000PSI)  GOOD BRIEFING BY THE CAPT. D.M ALSO WAS VERY FRIENDLY AND YOU COULD TELL THEY LOVED THERE JOB AND THERE ISLAND WE HAD ONLY  FOUR DIVERS AND I  NO CATTEL BOATS FOR ME.. DID A TWO TANK DIVE. I DID SOME UNDER WATER VIDEO DOVE MY OUN PROFILE WAS NOT BOTHERED OR  MADE TO STAY WITH ANY BUDDYS , I DID MY OUN THING WHILE DIVING HAD ME BACK ON MY CRUISE SHIP BY 12 NOON JUST AS PROMISED. SO I COULD SPEND THE REST OF THE DAY WITH MY WIFE SHOPPING..THERE WHERE NO SURPRISES  ON THE BILLING. WAS JUST WHAT THEY TOLD ME..

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.