Author Topic: Cozumel Advice in February  (Read 4223 times)

ellenhope

• Subscriber?: yes
Cozumel Advice in February
« on: October 23, 2010, 04:26:40 UTC »
Thinking of diving in Cozumel in February, after only diving there in the summer years ago. What are the conditions at that time of year? Any dive outfit suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

walrus

• Total Dves: over 1000
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Re: Cozumel Advice in February
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 16:27:54 UTC »
I love Cozumel that time of year!! No, I love Cozumel any time of year!!
I use Paradise. A lady named APPLE owns it and she make sure everyone has
the diving they are looking for and enjoys themselves. I have not had a bad divemaster in 15 years diving with Paradise!
Talk with them and let them know if you are photographer or just want to see beautiful spots! You won't be disappointed!
If I can asnswer questions just let me know.

DocV

• Global Moderator
Re: Cozumel Advice in February
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 13:06:19 UTC »
Hi ellenhope,

Look for SCUBA water temps of 79 plus/minus a degree; topside daytime highs mid to upper 70s; night time lows lower 60s; and good to excellent visability.

A drawback of Feb is it's square in El Norte season. These are fronts that result from cold air passing down from North America. They're usually out of the NNE, but can be directly out of the N. They typically involve wind and rain, and the real diving damper is when surface conditions get so rough that the port is closed.

There are about 70 dive ops on Coz.  Recommendations of course depend upon what style of diving you dersire and are comfortable with.

Regards,

DocV

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.