Author Topic: Aqua Lung Zuma  (Read 5746 times)

rkrigg

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 101-500
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Aqua Lung Zuma
« on: October 03, 2010, 17:07:38 UTC »
I am looking to purchase this new travel BCD.  I am a warm water diver.  I would love to hear any positive and negative comments on it.  I have always rented.  I am thinking after 150 dives it is time to buy.  I am + or - 200 lbs and dive with 8 to 11 lbs. in a 3 mm shorty.  I live in Idaho so I fly to all my dive sights.  

I bought the Zuma and related reg.  Took it to the Bahamas last week.  I love it!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 20:01:55 UTC by rkrigg »
Diving since 2003 sites visited Aruda, Bonaire, Curacao, Bahamas, Belize, Grand Cayman (8 times), Provo, Grand Turk, Jamaica, Roatan, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Florida Keys,  Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Tulum (Cenotes and Ocean) - like small dive groups and quiet resorts

JMorben

• Total Dves: 500-1000
  • Underwater photographer?: no
Re: Aqua Lung Zuma
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 20:05:47 UTC »
My husband and I purchased the Aqua Lung Zuma and used it for the first time last August in Cozumel.  We absolutely loved it.  There is a weight pouch.  However, we just wore a weight belt so I cannot comment on that feature.  It folds up nicely for packing.  We also purchased the light weight regulator by Aqua Lung (I think it is the Micron???).  Both pieces of gear worked great.  Our old equipment was the Zeagle Escape.  Since it was time for new gear, we decided mainly on small and light weight.  Aqua Lung did not disappoint.  All of our diving is in warm water, however.

DocV

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 10:26:37 UTC »

rkrigg

• Total Dves: 101-500
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 23:31:47 UTC »
Thank you for the input; I am a warm water diver also.  I took it for a dive in the pool at the dive shop.  Have to say wearing this BCD is like skinny dipping as a diver.  The BCD is nonexistent in the water; I can't wait for my first dive trip in about 30 days!
Diving since 2003 sites visited Aruda, Bonaire, Curacao, Bahamas, Belize, Grand Cayman (8 times), Provo, Grand Turk, Jamaica, Roatan, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Florida Keys,  Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Tulum (Cenotes and Ocean) - like small dive groups and quiet resorts

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.