Author Topic: Coco View next summer - are the Playa Miguel houses worth it?  (Read 3125 times)

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 101-500
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Coco View next summer - are the Playa Miguel houses worth it?
« on: September 10, 2010, 19:51:35 UTC »
We're seriously thinking about a trip to Coco view after hearing so much about it - the unrestricted diving, low key atmosphere and the easy shore/wreck dive. But we saw that there are some rental houses right next to CocoView that allowed complete access to the resort - sounds nice. We might go with another diving couple, so were wondering if anyone else has checked these houses out.
One other question regarding the dives at Coco view - they say 4 boat dives daily, but actually two of those dives are made n their "front yard" wall during the return back to the resort after the first dive, yes? , so does anyone know if you can get the captain to try another spot rather then the drop off dive for the second dive? Or is the dropoff dive so good multiple dives are worth it?

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Re: Coco View next summer - are the Playa Miguel houses worth it?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 03:16:12 UTC »
After a single trip To Coco View, I think Staying in one of the "over the water rooms" would be hard to beat.  The rooms are plenty large enough for two people with over the water decks.  The houses looked nice, but every time you want to go on a dive, get on the boat, or have a meal, you would have to walk or ride a bike to the resort.  It's not that far, but after 4 or five dives a day, you may feel you have had enough exercise.  The walls and wreck in front of the resort are great, I do not think you could get bored with them in a week  I certainly did not.  No One took second boat dives after the morning or afternoon trips  while we were there.  I hope to go back soon.....

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over. Current offers include French Polynesia Master Liveaboard!.