Author Topic: Arenui Liveaboard reviews??  (Read 5855 times)

abbybreeze

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Underwater photographer?: no
Arenui Liveaboard reviews??
« on: August 21, 2010, 21:53:10 UTC »
Has anyone heard anything positive or negative about the new liveaboard the Arenui out of Bali?  Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

jblake555

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: over 1000
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Re: Arenui Liveaboard reviews??
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 20:20:08 UTC »
Yes, I was on the Arenui for a 10 day trip in April. Other than the MV/Pelagian (out of Wakatobi) this is the nicest live aboard boat I've been on. I'd rate it 4 stars. Just a step above the Worldwide Dive and Sail Phinisi style sailing yachts which have very nice cabins and two steps above the Aggressor boats which have small rooms.

They advertise themselves as a "Boutique Live aboard". I was told the wife of the owner did the interior design from cabin decor down to the napkins and flatware. Not my taste in design but who's going to argue with their wife??

The boat moved almost every night and covered a lot of area. Everything they say about Raja Ampat is true. Greatest biodiversity in the world! My only disappointment was the Manta Ray dive. There were only two or three Mantas and we didn't get very close. Just wasn't our day I guess. But everything else was amazing. I made a 30 minute video documentary of the trip that I"ll be posting on my website seeunderthesea.com

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.