Author Topic: Nassau, Bahamas - November 2010  (Read 3456 times)

rkrigg

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 101-500
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Nassau, Bahamas - November 2010
« on: July 18, 2010, 19:50:26 UTC »
I am going to be at the Atlantis-Paradise Island Hotel in November for some much needed Accounting CPE credits, while there I need to make sure I get some diving in.  I dove Grand Bahama in March 2010 and found the diving ok and the water COLD!  I dove with a small dive shop at the Bell Channel, He was good as it was very personal and low key diving.
I need the name of a good local non cattle car dive shop, as I like to dive with small groups.  Any names to contact and stay away from would be appreciated.
Diving since 2003 sites visited Aruda, Bonaire, Curacao, Bahamas, Belize, Grand Cayman (8 times), Provo, Grand Turk, Jamaica, Roatan, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Florida Keys,  Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Tulum (Cenotes and Ocean) - like small dive groups and quiet resorts

JMorben

• Total Dves: 500-1000
  • Underwater photographer?: no
Re: Nassau, Bahamas - November 2010
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 00:44:18 UTC »
If you want a small operation, my recommendation is Custom Aquatics.  In fact, it will be just you on the boat.  My husband and I dove with them a few years ago.  We used their equipment and wetsuits (all in good condition).  They customized the day according to our schedule, and what we wanted to do (1, 2, or 3 dives) plus provided a nice lunch.  Their website is www.divecustomaquatics.com.   One operation I would not go with again is Stuart Cove.  It is just too large and chaotic.  Plus the length of your dive is determined by the least experienced diver. 

rkrigg

• Total Dves: 101-500
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Re: Nassau, Bahamas - November 2010
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 02:17:21 UTC »
Thank you will check them out.
Diving since 2003 sites visited Aruda, Bonaire, Curacao, Bahamas, Belize, Grand Cayman (8 times), Provo, Grand Turk, Jamaica, Roatan, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Florida Keys,  Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Tulum (Cenotes and Ocean) - like small dive groups and quiet resorts

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.