Author Topic: Regulators-which one?  (Read 5341 times)

jburrus4

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 0-100
  • Underwater photographer?: no
Regulators-which one?
« on: July 02, 2010, 20:46:27 UTC »
 ???  I'm new to scuba diving and want to get my own regulator.  I will be diving at altitude, water temps. as low as 50 degrees and in the Caribean.  The shop that I certified with uses Aqua Lung Legends and of course that is what they recommend.  However my brother in law who has been diving for several years loves Scubapro equipment.  I'm looking for any suggestions.

clearwall

• Underwater photographer?: yes
Re: Regulators-which one?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 22:53:13 UTC »
You will with out doubt get many opinions on this subject. The main differences in the two brands you've mentioned are that most S.P. regs are piston type where most Aqua Lung lines are balanced or (over balanced) regs. These differences may seem insignificant at first glance, but you really need to do more research. There are many, many websites dedicated to this very subject and my advise would be that you start checking out the resources available to you through the web. Both types of regulators have their strengths and weaknesses and depending on what type of diving you plan to do in the future this information will indicate the better choice for you.
Don't rely on opinions from a page like this only. Do your homework and you won't be disappointed, but then that will be true of all your decisions as you go forward or downward as the case may be in your pursuit of scuba diving.

Scuba4000

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 20:25:41 UTC »
Besides the Scubapro regulators you should look at the Atomic Line. I have several of them as well as Scubapro and Oceanic and find them all to be superior.

DocV

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 12:29:35 UTC »
Besides the Scubapro regulators you should look at the Atomic Line. I have several of them as well as Scubapro and Oceanic and find them all to be superior.

Ageed on Atomics regs. From least to most expensive, they all are superb performers.   I adore my B2.

Scubapro has a long history of excellent regs.  Hard to go wrong with this line.

Happy shopping.

DocVikingo

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.