I am just starting my dive training, and am planning a trip to the Caribbean in June, and expect to continue as a recreational diver, taking 1-2 trips per year going forward. I'm already planning to buy mask, fins, snorkel and wetsuit, at an estimated cost of $600-$700 total.
. I would appreciate any thoughts on the following:
1. Should I buy a dive computer?
2. If yes, should I buy it before my first trip, or wait?
3. If I should buy a dive computer, should I go with a wrist-style or a console-style?
4. What features are most important, in rank order?
5. Any specific product recommendations?