Author Topic: Roatan - West End - Dive Shop Recommendation  (Read 3890 times)

• Subscriber?: yes
Roatan - West End - Dive Shop Recommendation
« on: July 18, 2008, 19:15:20 UTC »
Heading to Roatan and staying near West End.  Looking for recommendations for a dive shop.  One in our group will go through Open Water certification.

• Total Dves: 500-1000
  • Underwater photographer?: no
Re: Roatan - West End - Dive Shop Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 00:35:27 UTC »
I stayed at Sueno Del Mar in West End in March 2007 with my stepson. The small hotel includes a small dive shop and some small boats and very friendly people. We were not taking courses but I observed some teaching (one instructor with two students) and some checkout dives while we were there. Like the owner, the service tech, and the operation generally, they semed laid-back and very enjoyable.

The sea is a collector, quick to return a rapacious look.
Marianne Moore, A Grave

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 19:13:32 UTC »
I stayed next door to the Sueno Del Mar, but did dive with them, & enjoyed every dive! We were there for the month of Jan.  They took us to every possible dive site within 11/2hours of the hotel. Only thing I can say to you is, take as much bug spray with you as you think you will need, then double it

• Total Dves: 101-500
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 17:13:36 UTC »
We spent a week june 14 - 21, 2008 at sandy Bay very near West End.  We used Octopus Divers at the Blue Bahia (see my review in Trip Advisor)  They where great, very personal could not ask for a better low key safety minded operator.

I would concur on the bug spray comment, lots and lots of sand fleas and no seeums.  But oh such great diving!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 02:32:00 UTC by rkrigg »
Diving since 2003 sites visited Aruda, Bonaire, Curacao, Bahamas, Belize, Grand Cayman (8 times), Provo, Grand Turk, Jamaica, Roatan, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Florida Keys,  Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Tulum (Cenotes and Ocean) - like small dive groups and quiet resorts

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over. Current offers include French Polynesia Master Liveaboard!.