Author Topic: Peter Hughes Fiji Live Aboard  (Read 6259 times)

emparkhurst

• Subscriber?: yes
Peter Hughes Fiji Live Aboard
« on: January 23, 2010, 21:05:40 UTC »
Has anyone been aboard Peter Hughes 'Island Dancer' in Fiji recently? We have done other Aggressor liveaboard and were going to book one of the Fiji Aggressor boats, however one was moved and the other is being hauled out to dry dock and is not planned on being returned to Fiji. We are familiar with Aggressor and know what to expect however we have no experience with Peter Hughes, we also have heard rumors that Aggressor purchased Peter Hughes but we haven't verified as to whether this is true or not...  thanks.

akdiver

Re: Peter Hughes Fiji Live Aboard
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 22:28:51 UTC »
Hi,

I can provide you information on both PH and Aggressor since I have been on many of their trips. I have been diving for more that 25 years in most areas of the world and am both an TDI/SDI and NAUI instructor. The Peter Hughes boat you are speaking of belongs to Live/Dive Pacific headquartered in Kona. It is one of three boats and was an Aggressor boat that is being transplanted to Palau in July to be renamed the Tropic Dancer. Peter Hughes Diving and Aggressor are both owned by Wayne Brown although they are connected operationally. They are both good organizations and I would suggest you select one or the other based on the destination you desire. Peter Hughes has also moved the Wind Dancer to Cocos Island from Grenada. I do not dive in the Caribbean anymore. After more that twenty trips from Belize northward to the Bahamas and most destinations in between over the years I believe the Caribbean is very sick and that's very sad. I don't know for sure, but I suspect Aggressor and Peter Hughes Diving are doing the same. The bulk of my tropical diving is in the central and south Pacific. The life is more prolific, the water clear, and people are great. If you more info let me know.

emparkhurst

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 05:32:01 UTC »
Thanks for the input.  We have found the same experience in the Carribean. We have been diving there for 15 years and it declines further with each trip. A few years back we did the Explorer Ventures liveaboard in Saba-St.Kitts and the diving in Saba was awesome, the best I've seen in the Carribean since I began diving there, hopefully it is still pristine.

pjbernst

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 23:31:44 UTC »
I was booked on the fiji aggressor for a trip on march 20th 2010-then was notified about 2 months ago that they were pulling the boat out of fiji-I then booked on the Nai'a-and had to change all plane reservatin ,hotel etc- then 2 weeks ago there was an explosion on the boat while it was in drydock-killed a fijian worker and wounded a couple of others-they had to take to boat out of servvice for several weeks to redo the staterooms BUT they got a boat from Blue Lagoon cruise line that we will go on on the 20th of this month-been very hectic on this trip-will have 3 weeks at Nukabati Island Resort to relax after our dive trip

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.