Author Topic: paradise dancer  (Read 3642 times)

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 500-1000
  • Underwater photographer?: no
paradise dancer
« on: January 19, 2010, 22:34:20 UTC »
i will be going on the Paradise Dancer in Raja Ampat the end of Feb.  pls help with the following questions:

i am not nitrox certified.  would it be beneficial to either get certified before or during the trip?

should i take any disease prevention for malaria, etc.

would i be better off renting their gear vs. taking mine and dealing with weight restrictions?

what is the best way to deal with local money issues (cash, travelers checks,or credit cards)?

i will be arrivng thru Bali (2 nt stayover)- Ujong Padang (one nt stayover)- Sorong and departing the reverse with only a stayover in Bali.

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 500-1000
  • Underwater photographer?: no
Re: paradise dancer
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 08:07:37 UTC »
Qualifying for nitrox on Sky Dancer a few years ago was simple and quite cheap relative to the cost of nitrox for the trip anyway - e-mail PH to prebook ensure availability.
We didn't take any anti malarials on Paradise Dancer in November (some were but not many) but I guess medical advise would be to do so - at sea most of the time in remote areas - little livestock / habitation - your call.
Take your own gear, every time. Is the 20Kg limit that hard to hit? generally hand luggage was not weighed at check-in; otherwise be aware that excess charges will apply - how much other stuff do you need?
Best way to deal with local money is the atm. Theres a bank of them at the airport in Bali and in most areas around the island - go to the right as you exit. You don't need any one the boat...

Its a great boat enjoy your trip - take the crew chocolate (and the dive staff marmite - if you can get it) they love it...

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over. Current offers include French Polynesia Master Liveaboard!.