Author Topic: Knight Hawk BC  (Read 7510 times)

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: over 1000
  • Underwater photographer?: no
Knight Hawk BC
« on: November 21, 2009, 18:24:23 UTC »
I need a new BC and am looking at the Scuba Pro Knight Hawk and the Sea Quest Black Diamond or Balanced. Any comments on either would be appreciated. I have been a Scuba Pro man since 1984.

• Total Dves: 500-1000
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Re: Knight Hawk BC
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 00:47:56 UTC »
I've been diving with a Ballance for about 300 dive now.  It's ok, but I never really liked it that much.  My wife dove with a SeaQuest Diva for a bunch of years too.  I got her a ScubaPro Bella last summer.  It's far, far superior.  Night and day.  I'm going to get myself either a Night Hawk or Glide Pro next week.  I've used a back inflator system for many years but don't know if it really makes any difference.  If I stop kicking and just hover while wearing the Ballance, I quickly rotate vertical with my head up.  My wife stays horizontal with her jacket system???  Maybe I have heavy feet.  On the surface, it holds my head in the water.  What's the point of a back inflate system if it doesn't hold me horizontal UW?  One thing that I really like much better on the Scuba Pro is the three way air dump.  It's a pain to dump air on the Ballance and you need to be really limber to reach the pull string on the back.  The dump on my wife's Bella is great and it's the same on the men's unit.  I won't dive with the new one until my next trip in May though.  The only drawback is that the SPs are bigger when packing.

Hope that helps.

• Global Moderator
Re: Knight Hawk BC
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 16:51:48 UTC »
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 16:53:26 UTC by DocV »

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over. Current offers include French Polynesia Master Liveaboard!.