Author Topic: Diving from Palau Pacific Resort  (Read 8710 times)

ilovediving

• Subscriber?: no
  • Underwater photographer?: no
Diving from Palau Pacific Resort
« on: October 29, 2009, 07:28:53 UTC »
Hi, we're planning a diving trip to Palau next year. As I'm bringing 3 kids and my mum with us, I need a family friendly resort to keep the kiddos occupied (and mum sane) while we go for our dives. I've read that Palau Pacific Resort is pretty expensive but it has plenty to keep the kiddos occupied and a spa for my mum.

Has anyone stayed here before and what do you think of the dive centre? Also, anyone knows how far it is from this resort to the legendary Blue Corner and Jellyfish Lake?

Thanks!

bhaby_030412

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 0-100
Re: Diving from Palau Pacific Resort
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 14:14:21 UTC »
hi bro! i dont have any idea about in palau resort. but i can suggest some place which is more interesting... in anilao batangas, anilao batangas is the place that i love most becoz of the diving nature that they have... most singaporean photagrapher divers love to dive in this place. so, if you want to experience & to explore something different you must visit that place.... i only have one resort hotel that i can recommend to you. all staff are kind & hospitable & most of all the place is very relaxing. hope you can dive in anilao.

scubacd

• Total Dves: over 1000
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 20:14:54 UTC »
Hi,  I've been diving and staying at the Palau Pacific for many years.  It is by far the best resort on the Island and they have a terrific beach right at the hotel with Giant Tridacna clams.  The dive operation runs very smooth and is right there at the dock of the resort.  The diving is superb and blue corner is really spectacular along with the many wrecks and other dive sites.  You'll be very pleased with your choice of hotel.  If you would like any further info pls contact me.  Good Diving!!!

marob

• Total Dves: 500-1000
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 20:37:26 UTC »
I would recommend fish'n'fins for diving rather than the dive center at PP - which is the best hotel but maybe not the best dive operation. Blue corner no problem on a day trip.

thranx

• personal
  • Total Dves: over 1000
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 14:12:34 UTC »
Palau Pacific is definitely the place to take kids because it has the only proper beach of any resort/hotel in Palau.  Very nice, right in front of the hotel.  Your kids will meet other kids there, too, and it's very level so good for your mum.  Excellent food, too.  Local dive op is okay, but I'd also go diving with Fish n' Fins.  They'll pick you up.  Only downside is that the resort is far from town, but it's a short drive or cab trip if you want to wander around and go shopping. 

Blue Corner, Jellyfish Lake, etc. are all a good half hour boat ride or more, depending on conditions, but that's the case from any land-based op in Palau.  You have to hike over a hill from the landing to get to Jellyfish Lake, so be sure to wear good walking shoes.

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.