Author Topic: OCEAN QUEST SCUBA DIVING in Puerto Vallarta  (Read 4464 times)

rkrigg

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 101-500
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
OCEAN QUEST SCUBA DIVING in Puerto Vallarta
« on: October 26, 2009, 16:16:13 UTC »
 ???  Going to Puerto Vallarta thinking of using OCEAN QUEST SCUBA DIVING  . http://www.vallartadivers.com/  Any one have any positive or negative comments about them?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 16:17:45 UTC by rkrigg »
Diving since 2003 sites visited Aruda, Bonaire, Curacao, Bahamas, Belize, Grand Cayman (8 times), Provo, Grand Turk, Jamaica, Roatan, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Florida Keys,  Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Tulum (Cenotes and Ocean) - like small dive groups and quiet resorts

butchfri

• Underwater photographer?: no
Re: OCEAN QUEST SCUBA DIVING in Puerto Vallarta
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 18:37:05 UTC »
I don't think any of the operations in Puerto Vallarta is better than OK, which is the same for the diving.  Viz was about a foot when we were there; Puerto Vallarta is a neat city with lots of good restaurants and the walk over the bridge to the outdoor market is unforgettable, but I wouldn't call it a diving destination.

rkrigg

• Total Dves: 101-500
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 00:23:46 UTC »
Thanks, that is what I have read and heard.  I dive the Carribean normally, but have a class in Puerto Vallarta so am trying to tie some diving in with the trip.  Again thanks for taking the time to give me feed back.
Diving since 2003 sites visited Aruda, Bonaire, Curacao, Bahamas, Belize, Grand Cayman (8 times), Provo, Grand Turk, Jamaica, Roatan, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Florida Keys,  Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Tulum (Cenotes and Ocean) - like small dive groups and quiet resorts

jbell

• Total Dves: 500-1000
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 03:34:46 UTC »
I just posted my comments regarding Puerto Vallarta.  I used Chico's, which I found adequate.  I talked to Ocean Quest, but just did not seem to be my type of dive operation. 
Diving is okay, but not great by any means.
J BELL

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.