Author Topic: Cozumel diving from San MIguel  (Read 4684 times)

carolh

• Subscriber?: yes
Cozumel diving from San MIguel
« on: October 10, 2009, 21:24:29 UTC »
My husband and I are going to cozumel in January. We are staying in town either at a b&b or inn to save moneyplus no rental car or taxi's. Would anyone have advice to who we should dive wih that will pick us up in this are? I have already tried dive with martin and living underwater and they say I have to take a taxi to meet up at las caleta marina? Any suggestions? thanks

mike1

Re: Cozumel diving from San MIguel
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 10:12:11 UTC »
My wife & I will be staying in Cozumel for the month of Jan. on the north side of town. Like you we did this so we would not need to rent a car, & because we will be there for 5 weeks  have rented a condo.( not as expensive) We have also not been able to find a dive opp. that will pick up north of town. Although we haven't booked with them yet I think we will be diving with Chucho divers, they give a good discount on multiple dives, but do not pick up past the Hotel Cozumel. So we have decided to rent a car for the 5 weeks we will be there. If you are interested we could travel together to the marina. We only plan on doing a 2 tank dive about 4 times a week, let me know if you & your husband are interested.

butchfri

• Underwater photographer?: no
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 14:04:28 UTC »
Almost all the operations dock boats in the marina down by - Presidente or Fiesta Americana?  I forget which, but it's south, and the northern resorts are too far away.
Having said that, we've used Chucho Divers many times and can't say enough good about the operation.

carolh

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 13:56:55 UTC »
after much debate, we have decided to rent a car. We now have a few other peoiple with us so that helps with the cost. I looked into CHucho divers, and they look great, but we have decided to go with Living UNderwater. We really like using steel tanks, and Jeremy has been a lot of help so far. He says he does pick up at downtown pier after all, but not sure yet where we'll meet as we'll have the car now. LU is a little more expensive, but cheap accomodations/food help offset the cost of diving, as that is the main reason to be there! 

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.