Author Topic: sunset house grand cayman?  (Read 3538 times)

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 0-100
  • Underwater photographer?: no
sunset house grand cayman?
« on: August 14, 2009, 15:38:59 UTC »
we are going to GC 8/24-8/30 and staying at Sunset House-any feedback would be appreciated-we are just looking for someplace to dive alot and be able to get a decent meal, hope this will fit the bill

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 101-500
  • Underwater photographer?: no
Re: sunset house grand cayman?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 16:36:37 UTC »
I was there in January for a weekend. It is a great place for diving. The rooms aren't fancy but they are clean. It's away from the hubbub of the city but yet close enough for a short cab ride. We went into town on a Sunday and almost everything was closed. I've heard it's best to avoid the area when the cruise ships are there too. You'll be able to see them from Sunset House. The bar on site is really nice. We only ate at the restaurant for breakfast and had all other meals at the bar. We did two boats trips with Sunset Divers. I recommend going out on the boat as the other side of the island has some pretty cool overhang reefs with lots of swim throughs. Have a great trip! I'll be in Bonaire while you are there :)

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over. Current offers include French Polynesia Master Liveaboard!.