Author Topic: LED Upgrades  (Read 3856 times)

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 500-1000
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
LED Upgrades
« on: July 21, 2009, 17:46:48 UTC »
The announcement that a future Undercurrent would address  "how and where you can recycle used scuba gear"  triggered this post. 

One way to recycle used gear is to "upgrade" components that are worn out or no longer optimum or current.

Several years ago I decided that LED technology would be much better than halogen and HID lamps and began developing an LED upgrade that used an existing commercial battery pack. It is now available. 

Of more general interest, I have found that many LED videolight manufacturers specification-advertisements are misleading or probably just wrong.  On my website, , I have a "Technology" column which gives basic LED information to divers so they can make more informed decisions about upgrade, or new LED lights. 

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over. Current offers include French Polynesia Master Liveaboard!.