Author Topic: Belize summer diving: St Georges Cay v. Turneffe island resort?  (Read 4522 times)

tolliday

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Underwater photographer?: no
Hi -
Can anyone share their experiences with diving at St. George's Caye Resort in Belize? We've stayed at Turneffe island resort before, and loved it. We now have a 6 month old son and turneffe doesn't allow children. There are no recent reader reports on St. George's so I'm a little suspicious...

Thanks -
A new mum who can't wait to go diving again!

Sullivan

Re: Belize summer diving: St Georges Cay v. Turneffe island resort?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 23:14:01 UTC »
It isn't answering your question, but do you mind me asking what you found at Turneffe island resort? My wife and I plus our two grown sons are contemplating going there in August. Any info you can give would truly be appreciated Thanks

tolliday

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 01:05:25 UTC »
We loved the resort. The diving at the Elbow was great - we went in August 2006, the vis was a little murky but plenty of large fish, sharks, turtles etc. The staff at the resort were wonderful - we had a great dive guide (KP - usually helps out with the fishing), the kitchen staff were great, and sherman the bar-tender made wonderful drinks for post-diving! We paid extra for one of the beach front cabana's - the outdoor shower and extra space were worth it! It's very isolated, very quiet and very relaxing - probably not your thing if you're looking for partying after diving but if you want to kick back in a gorgeous setting, this place is it.

hope this helps you in your vacation planning...

Sullivan

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 02:18:40 UTC »
Well thank you for your prompt response, that certainly helps and it sounds very like what we are lookingfor

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.