Author Topic: Int'd in diving in Roatan in November? Any suggestions as to hotels  (Read 3667 times)

semegran

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
A buddy, wife and me and my wife are int'd in going to Roatan.  Both wives don't dive so would like nice hotel with beach.  Both guys dive and enjoy boat diving.  Both have done 150+ dives, mostly in Grand Cayman.  We all did Providenciales last November and enjoyed it.  Vis is not as good as Grand Cayman but where is it.  Good fish encounters
Ted Semegran

canuckairpig

Re: Int'd in diving in Roatan in November? Any suggestions as to hotels
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 12:13:50 UTC »
Stayed at Mayan Princess last May for 2 weeks and had Great time. Nice hotel, beautiful beach( that they spray for bugs early every morning) and a dive shop on site. The shop ( Mayan Divers) is ran by a nice couple ( Anya and Leeber) and they took good care of us. We never had more than 5 divers on boat and more than a few times  just the two of us  the dive master and the captain. It is just a short walk or water taxi ride to the west end and close to everything one needs. It is a  little pricier than most places but also one of the nicest places there. I am not very fussy about accomodations but my wife definately is and she loved it.It rates up there with one of our best trips to date . 

Airhead52

• Underwater photographer?: yes
Re: Int'd in diving in Roatan in November? Any suggestions as to hotels
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 21:42:38 UTC »
I concur with Canuckairpig  on his comments for Mayan Princess and Anya and Leeber's dive operation on site.  We became fast friends with them during our stay, and the Mayan Princess is in the best location.  We also rented a car and got around pretty good, but  felt the price was well worth it.  Airhead 52
Most Baby Boomers Look Better In a Wetsuit!

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.