Author Topic: Riding Rock Inn  (Read 4799 times)

tgrdvrmd

• Subscriber?: yes
Riding Rock Inn
« on: March 14, 2009, 01:41:14 UTC »
Anyone been in last 6 months or so?  Haven't been in about 5 years, so I hope it's as good as it used to be.

Thanks

T Jones

redmacaw

Re: Riding Rock Inn
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 13:33:34 UTC »
I am heading to RR in August so I would love to hear any current comments about the dive operation.

DocV

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 20:55:34 UTC »
Hi tgrdvrmd,

Still gets very high marks as a basic, dedicated dive resort.  The diving is every bit as good as 5 yrs ago.

Both the deluxe oceanfront & standard roms are showing their age, but serve adequately. Could use a bit more water pressure & hot water, so shower early or very late.

Have a great time.

Regards,

DocVikingo

tgrdvrmd

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 23:46:13 UTC »
Thanks, Docviking0. My son was manager there for a year and a few months back about 5 years ago and our dive shop is returning for the first time since.  We spent Hurricane Floyd there in 1999 and they really took good care of us in a BAD situation. It was always one of my favorite places.  They always had the Best conch chowder and conch fritters in the Caribbean. Thanks for the update.       

tgrdvrmd

pcmcmahan

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 00:03:32 UTC »
My wife and I went in January and December of 2007. It's the same as it has always been. The food is great, though usually only two choices per meal. The rooms are clean and the showers work. Beach access takes a little creativity, but the diving is great and Bruce (Captain) is the best. We saw sharks on every dive and at least a few encounters with hammers during the week. Enjoy :)

tgrdvrmd

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 02:05:51 UTC »
Just got back from Riding Rock and it was a very good trip. The water was cool at 75 degrees, but we saw hammerheads on each dive. Unfortunately, lionfish are showing up on every dive and I'm afraid they will destroy a lot of the juveniles. The inn has good rooms and the food was very good. The dive operation is fine and boat was good. I will return again. This was 6th trip to Riding Rock, but first since 2002. The staff tppl very good care of us.

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.