Author Topic: wetsuit ratings  (Read 7195 times)

donrowe

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: over 1000
  • Underwater photographer?: no
wetsuit ratings
« on: February 28, 2009, 21:20:38 UTC »
who makes the best wetsuits?

DiverRob

Re: wetsuit ratings
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 14:55:55 UTC »
I don't own one, but every Henderson I've seen is fantastic, especially the Hyperstretch; but you pay for them!

I have a Sea Quest 3 mm shorty that was around $60 on the web.  For warm water, you can't beat the price and it is doing its job.

I have an Akona one piece, 5mm core and 3mm legs/arms.  It also was quite inexpensive, around $150, and I love it.

Neither of these are as nice as Henderson, but for the diving I do, they are great suits at great prices.

I gave up the cold California Pacific years ago....

donrowe

• Total Dves: over 1000
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 19:31:57 UTC »
Thanks for input.  I too gave up California diving.

chelsea

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 05:31:27 UTC »
Hi guys.  I have not given up on cold water diving yet.  I live and dive in upstate New York in a lake that borders with Burlington Vt.  My suit is a 7mm xcel and a pinnacle trilaminate dry suit. I dove in Burlington Bay on New Years day this year in 36 degree water in my wet suit because my dry suit was in the shop for repair.  I love my xcel suit and have friends who love their Hendersons as well.  Personally I stick with what I know works so this is no reflection on Henderson's quality or lack of as I have never owned anything but xcel or akona products.  Just one man's opinion.  Safe diving. 

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.