Author Topic: St. Thomas Diving- Marriots - Frenchman's reef  (Read 4162 times)

mspdiver

• Subscriber?: yes
St. Thomas Diving- Marriots - Frenchman's reef
« on: February 28, 2009, 01:33:06 UTC »
Heading to St. Thomas fo vac in June.  Want to get in a couple of dives.  Can anybody bring me up to speed on what is offered diving wise and any report on hotel. 

Much appreciated. 

blacktip

• Underwater photographer?: yes
Re: St. Thomas Diving- Marriots - Frenchman's reef
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 16:18:42 UTC »
Frenchman's has their own boat. They go all around the island and east towards st john. There are some other dive ops that are excellent. Sawyer dive in Red Hook, Lett's Dive at Bolongo Bay are longstanding excellent operators. French Cap is the jewel, I also like Ledges of Little St. James, Straggler's Rocks ,Dog Island and Cow and Calf. The little wreck of the westend of Thatch Key is a fun dive with a little drift. Water temp is very high 70's, a 3mm is more than sufficient. May you viz be clear

anemay67

• Underwater photographer?: no
Re: St. Thomas Diving- Marriots - Frenchman's reef
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 15:51:21 UTC »
Blue Island Divers are on the south side of the island and pick up at the Frenchman's Reef  in their dive boat. They have an excellent operation and staff. They do some of the sites other ops do not, like the LST 467, WIT Concrete and so forth.  I have dove with them several times, their boat is huge and never crowded. They are under new ownership but strive to maintain their reputation as being the dive shop experienced and local divers are go to. www.blueislanddivers.com

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.