Author Topic: bali or bunaken?  (Read 4666 times)

squalls

• Subscriber?: yes
bali or bunaken?
« on: February 17, 2009, 22:20:43 UTC »
Looking for advise for this years dive trip. Which one do you like best and why?

harvroit

• Total Dves: 500-1000
  • Underwater photographer?: no
Re: bali or bunaken?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 14:51:37 UTC »
i have been considering a trip to Bunaken as well and have been watching for a reply.  sadly, none.

ikan

• Total Dves: over 1000
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 22:32:33 UTC »
Bunaken has very good diving but not much else to do in Manado or North Sulawesi except for day trips to Lake Tondano or Tangkoko Park. Bali has excellent diving: from Mola-Molas in Nusa Penida, sharks in Padang Bai and critters at Secret Bay to good walls at Menjangan, plus one of the best shore/wreck dives in the world at Tulamben. The possibilities for sight seeing, shopping, white water rafting etc. at Bali are much, much better. Prices are comparable, somewhat lower in Bali
The best places in Indonesia are Komodo and Raja Ampat accesible thru liveaboards, ditto for Misool (great for critters). Wakatobi resort is overrated and overpriced. Lembeh strait is a shadow of its former glory due to resort proliferation and diver pressure.

luca

• Subscriber?: no
  • Total Dves: over 1000
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 23:51:56 UTC »
I have been leaving in Bunaken Marine Park for the last 4 years, what can I say about the diving? Fantastic!! Big or small you get it all . I have never dived in Bali but I have heard that there are few spots that are really worth to go, however, do not expect to dive in a nice 85-6 F (28-29C) water temperature in Bali while in Bunaken you can.
Check out our website www.eco-divers.com

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.