Author Topic: Solomons or Raja Ampat/Banda Sea - so many choices, what's a girl to do?  (Read 3748 times)

• Subscriber?: yes
I need to decide this week - which one - any suggestions?    

Liveaboard in late April 2009.

Solomons - aboard Spirit of Solomons - 13 days, 12 nights - boat is essentially empty.  I've always wanted to go here. The interaction with the locals sounds really interesting.

Raja Ampat/Banda Sea aboard MSV Seahorse -  10 nights, boat is PACKED.  I think the reason there are so many people, while similar trips in the areas are empty,  is the photo pro (Mark Strickland). I'm a wanna-be photographer so this has some appeal (although a packed boat and all those cameras is a bit disconcerning). 

I'd like to go somewhere I've never been.  Never been to either of these places - but I have been to Komodo and PNG.

Any suggestions?  Words of wisdom? 

I'd really appreciate your insights!

Terry Rickard

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: over 1000
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
I didn't see your message in time to respond, but would be interested to know which you chose, and when you get back, a report on your experiences.
Terry R

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over. Current offers include French Polynesia Master Liveaboard!.