Author Topic: Curacao Marriott  (Read 3621 times)

nicola

• Subscriber?: yes
Curacao Marriott
« on: February 09, 2009, 20:36:07 UTC »
Has anyone stayed at the Curacao Marriott recently and dived with the operation there?  We have lots of points and it seems like a beautiful place and an interesting island.  We've dived Bonaire several times but not Curacao.

Tigamom

Re: Curacao Marriott
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 18:44:26 UTC »
Just got back from Curacao in January.  I stayed at Breezes which wasn't much to write home about; however, the dive shop, Ocean Encounters was one of the best operations I have dove with.  They have several shops throughout the island.  I have dove with several different shops on various different islands in the Caribbean in the past, and no operation comes close to the service, safety and professionalism of Ocean Encounters.  So, if you have a choice, dive with Ocean Encounters.

tecnodoc

Re: Curacao Marriott
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 13:13:36 UTC »
I've visited the Marriott in Curacao in May 2008.  I was then staying aand diving with Sunset Divers. Dove and visited the Island for about 10 days visiting different hotels in the afternoons while visiting and found the accomodations at Marriott to the the best.
Roms a nd beds are comfortable, nice pool and nice beach. The dive shop was well equipped and had a diverse diving scedule.

I did not dive with the operator.  However keep in ming the Marriott is right in Willemstad at the better diving as at the western point of the Island. The closer your are to Willemstad the more you'll see wrecks though.

I have found this country to be my favourite dive destination so far: abouve and below sea level, however getting decent confortable beds to sleep in is difficult outside the city of Willemstad.

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.