Author Topic: Providenciales, Turks and Caicos  (Read 5950 times)

craigwood

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: 500-1000
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
« on: December 08, 2008, 15:48:47 UTC »
My son and I, both experienced divers, will be visiting Providenciales for the 1st time early next year and are looking for recommendations for an operator. From what I've read posted on Undercurrent, I'm leaning toward Caicos Adventures, but would like to hear the opinions of forum members. Thanks in advance for your comments-Craig

jswarts

Re: Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 16:04:52 UTC »
Just got back from diving Turks and Caicos on the Explorer.  It is definetely the way to dive there.  The island is VERY EXPENSIVE and the live aboard with its great crew is the way to go.  Happy Diving.

DiverRob

• Underwater photographer?: no
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 14:35:48 UTC »
My buddy and I have dived with Fifi and Caicos Adventures mant times.  I have always been pleased with the crew, boats, and service.  They were helpful but not intrusive on our dive times.  Last trip was maybe 5 years ago.  No complaints.

JoelS

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 23:17:28 UTC »
I dove with Caicos Adventures about 5 years ago and liked them very much.  My dive buddy dove with them a year or two ago and found the boat to be very crowded.  I think that they have a large boat and a small boat. It would be worth checking that aspect of it out in advance.  Fifi is a character and it's worth diving with him just for the experience of it.

Joel

ssasi929

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 00:04:55 UTC »
My husband and I dove with Caicos Adventures in July of 2007 and absolutely loved it. Both of the boats are very nice and the crew is out of this world. We will definitely dive with them again.

marine9

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 23:52:06 UTC »
I agree, I dove with "Caicos Adventures" & "Provo Turtle" in February 2008.
"Caicos Adventures" was four great dives.  Good boat, with a good crew and good diver masters...

craigwood

• Total Dves: 500-1000
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 15:27:54 UTC »
I was the OP of this thread

My son and I just returned from a great week of diving with Caicos Adventures in Providenciales. Caicos Adventures has the best employees, boat, and operation I have dived with. The walls off West Caicos rival those of Grand Cayman's North wall, are quite fishy, but the sharks are the main attraction. See the video of our last day of diving at Boat Cove:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ztf1Whb5xU&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eyoutube%2Ecom%2Fuser%2Fgullsuit&feature=player_profilepage

I would recommend Caicos Adventures to anyone lucky enough to have the opportunity to travel to and dive off Providenciales. Would be glad to answer questions.

Good diving, Craig
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 15:31:07 UTC by craigwood »

voldiver

• Underwater photographer?: no
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 23:43:03 UTC »
We are thinking of traveling to Providenciales in early December.  I would appreciate any information on weather, diving quality and water temperature at this time of year.

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.