Author Topic: New Fin purchase  (Read 4775 times)

aodiver

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
New Fin purchase
« on: December 03, 2008, 04:13:14 UTC »
Looking for some input, I have a set of Raptor split fins, but seem to have issues in current with these - going no-where fast. They are great with the current in a perfect world, but as each dive can change looking for a secondary fin to purchase. I'm looking at the Mares Volo  any comments from current owners on these - I have tiny feet or so everyone says to me.  Size 6 / 6.5 and have a difficult time getting proper boots let alone fins that fit properly.  Any input for current my choice would be helpful.  As photographer also would like something that can assist to keep me put with faster current situations.  The split fins just don't work well in current situations.  Thx. 

craigwood

• Total Dves: 500-1000
Re: New Fin purchase
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 09:45:11 UTC »
I dive the Mares Avanti Superchannel and find them excellent in all conditions, powerful, maneuverable, and very comfortable

ClaireOK

• Claire's & Walt's Underwater Adventures and Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 10:12:17 UTC »
I have tiny feet too and although I like the split fin at first, I'm using the Azione by Akona now, and love them.  I don't cramp, and yet when I need to chase after something, like squid to get a good photo, I have the power to get there.  So much so that my "husky" buddy ended up getting a pair, as I can keep up with his fining which has a greater stride than mine.  I'm wearing the full foot, and using the Akona socks with them.  Hope this helps.

pkrupela

• Total Dves: over 1000
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 15:24:07 UTC »
I bought a pair of Mares Volo Race's full foot fins a few years ago and they are the best fins I've ever used.  I tried a pair of split fins, and after one dive, they are gathering dust in my shed. 

blacktip

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 01:54:23 UTC »
I'm swimming with TUSA split fins for several years. They're confortable and do a great job for a greature seeker.

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.