Author Topic: Bonaire trip upcoming, need coments please  (Read 3493 times)

wama

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: over 1000
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Bonaire trip upcoming, need coments please
« on: November 18, 2008, 16:47:02 UTC »
Hola. Headed back to Bonaire 12/12/08 and this time staying at the Divi Flamingo. The last time my wife and myself enjoyed this island was a few years ago in May. Looking for any comments regarding going to Bonaire
in December (weather, temp. vis ), the resort and dive shop in general, staff, rooms (we are staying in the deluxe rooms), evening dinner with views and general comments on how life has changed after Omar.
I have read comments on Bonaire Talk, but always open to comments from other divers.
Thanks     

wwkruer

• Subscriber?: yes
Re: Bonaire trip upcoming, need coments please
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 18:50:02 UTC »
Spent a week in February 2006 at the Divi Flamingo & dived with their operator (Divi dive??). Great operation-small, quiet & the restaurant had good food, especially the lunches. The dive operator was fun & professional. I think the DM I enjoyed the most was named Orlando.
I think ours was a standard room & it was just fine & had everything we needed. You needed a password for the gym &  the hot tub was not operational. We complained to the manager about Fodor's listing the hot tub as an amenity & she sent us a bottle of champagne!
I liked it enough that we are considering a return trip in December.
It is walking distance to town where there is a decent choice of restaurants. Be aware there are not many sidewalks & the streets are gravel. Too much walking in ladies sandals left my (fairly calloused) feet with bleeding wounds. All the shops were closed on Saturday afternoon which was a surprise to us as Americans.

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.