Author Topic: Ikelite Video Batteries  (Read 4637 times)

scubaokl

• Subscriber?: yes
Ikelite Video Batteries
« on: October 15, 2008, 17:54:47 UTC »
 :-\I am having trouble with my NiMH video light batteries from Ikelite. I use two lampheads and two batteries with the camera. Both batteries failed in June and were replaced by Ikelite. On a trip last week one of them failed. After normal use the battery charger shows a fast blinking LED that means a deep charge. But the battery was not completly discharged. And both were on the same amount of time.

I am following the factory directions of no more than a 100watt light per battery and they were not flooded. All conections were secure. No jumper cable was used.

Anyone else having problems with the Ikelite NiMH batteries?????

jblake555

• Subscriber?: yes
  • Total Dves: over 1000
  • Underwater photographer?: yes
Re: Ikelite Video Batteries
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 00:13:45 UTC »
I've been using my battery for two years and have had no problems with it. I did get a leak in one of the terminals but it was my fault. Ikelite repaired it for free. I did have a problem with the light switch itself. It failed the second time I used it and I had to by a replacement in bali at 3 times the regular price. I had no choice at the time. Now I carry a backup. That's good advice!

Get the diving news serious divers need!

with real diving news you won't find elsewhere!

Make your next dive trip the best one ever!

Get the diving info you need with monthly issues online, the 800 page The Travelin' Diver's Chapbook, 24/7 access to 1000's of honest diving reports and much, much more.

Special Offers for Our Readers
Get discounted dive trips/ equipment/ ... from dive businesses the world over.